MEN'S RIO GALLEGOS WADERS
MEN'S RIO GALLEGOS WADERS
Our highest-performing, most durable, feature-rich waterproof/breathable waders have been updated with a more trim upper-body fit that still layers easily; new interior daisy chains for tools and drop-in pockets for organization; and more streamlined, anatomically fit booties with a poly-grid lining and gravel guards with a flat-panel construction that reduces wear.
- H2No® Performance Standard polyester microfiber shell with a proprietary waterproof/breathable barrier and C6 DWR (durable water repellent) finish; highly durable and puncture-resistant fabric has no multiple layers or added weight
- Waist-mounted EZ-Lock suspenders allow easy conversion from chest to waist height for venting or quick relief without having to remove jacket; full elastic belt
- Innovative SSC (single seam construction) seaming completely eliminates seams from highest wear points on inside of legs
- Interior organization: two drop-in stretch pockets; two internal daisy chains for tools; center-back hanger loop for easy drying
- Exterior organization: reach-through handwarmer pocket; large chest pocket with horizontal water-resistant zipper; laser-cut Hypalon® utility keeper on suspenders allows easy access to tools, nippers
- Articulated legs; removable foam knee pads
- Anatomically fit left and right booties have a lower volume, more sock-like fit and are poly-grid-lined for added comfort; resilient 4mm neoprene resists compaction for greater durability
- H2No® Performance Standard shell. Upper: 4-layer, 5.8-oz 100% polyester microfiber high-density taffeta. Lower: 4-layer, 9.1-oz 100% polyester microfiber high-density double-weave taffeta. All with a waterproof/breathable barrier and C6 DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 1,219 g (43 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
The toughest days on the water are often the most instructive: They make us focus on the subtle details, reduce the variables and simplify our approach. We applied that same thinking to the toughest, most puncture-resistant waders we know how to make—and we made them even better. Our Rio Gallegos Waders are still built from our tested-and-proven 4-layer H2No® Performance Standard fabric package using Single Seam Construction to route critical seams away from areas of high wear, but now we’ve streamlined the entire feature set for a new level of comfort, performance and durability. We removed two inches of fabric from the hip, waist and chest for an improved fit that still easily accepts layers for long, cold sessions. We re-patterned the crotch so it’s no problem to swing a leg over gunwales, and we brought more articulation to the leg for moments when fishing brings you to your knees—like keeping a fish wet during the photograph and release. If you fish in and out of boats, you’ll appreciate the new flat-panel gravel guards: They drain water more quickly than before, in addition to better resisting abrasion and wear while hiking or wading. Our improved booties have a more anatomical, sock-like fit and are made from a denser 4mm neoprene that resists compaction better over the long haul; with a poly-grid lining for added comfort. Our innovative internal suspension system allows easy conversion to waist height and quick relief without having to remove your jacket. Outside, there’s a reach-through handwarmer pocket and large chest pocket with water-resistant horizontal zip for easy access to tippet spools, nippers and floatant. Interior gear storage two new drop-in stretch pockets and two internal daisy chains for tools. Other fishing-friendly features: center-back hanger loop for easy drying; stretch wading belt with low-profile buckle; removable knee pads; and a raised Fitz Roy Trout logo. Field repair kit included.